Monday, July 26, 2010

Beauty in the Face of Tragedy

I have a friend from awhile back, with whom I have sadly lost touch. Recently, I came in contact with her again over some tragic news. She informed me that she and her husband were getting a divorce. And yet, during our conversation, she pointed out that she knew things would work out for the best. She stayed positive, and it took me aback a bit. Being a child from a divorced home, it took awhile to come to terms with the positive possibilities of divorce. So to hear my friend, who was with me through some scary times, come back with how many opportunities this situation presented, was truly inspiring.

And as a side note, this woman is seriously one of the truly beautiful people in this world. So gentlemen, if you get near her, remember, she is no ordinary "pretty" girl. She is a bold, beautiful mother, with more positive energy than you can imagine. There is nothing she can't do! And here is my letter to her...

Dear Friend,
I am here to tell you that you are BEAUTIFUL! I have always thought so. Your beauty is shining more now than ever. You have displayed courage, independence, positivity, and grace. I admire you for doing all that, AND being a mother at the same time. Heck, I can barely walk and talk at the same time, let alone do what you have accomplished. I know things are tough, and it would be easy to get ugly about it all; but after hearing you spout all the positive things that will come of this dramatic change in your life, I am inspired! How is it that I can lament my surroundings, when you have triumphed over demons far bigger than mine?!
I am in awe and amazed by you, and your optimism is a true gift in this world. It is truly what makes you one of the most beautiful people I know, and I am so glad that you are my friend. So keep smiling, and remember, you are beautiful, radiant, talented, and blessed with so many things. Your smile has the ability to brighten anyone's day. (Hopefully even yours ;-) ) You are in my thoughts and prayers.

--Me

No comments:

Post a Comment