Monday, February 8, 2010

Beautiful Men

So for the past couple of weeks I have actually pushed this one back, but no more! It is high time I wrote about one of the most beautiful people in my life; my husband. I know, I just called a man beautiful. I understand that this is not the social norm, however, I am here to tell you that men are beautiful too. (And for those of you getting squeamish, think of it in a completely-manly-beautiful-like-George-Clooney kind of way.) Too often I feel we do not allow men to be the beautiful people they are because of some convoluted sort of homophobia that is associated with certain words...like beautiful. Ok, so, off my soap box, and on to the letter...

Dear Beautiful Man,
Day in and day out I see you struggle with yourself, both internally and externally. I worry you do not see the amazingly beautiful qualities that are so evident to me. Internally, you have strength, integrity and generosity. You are always there for anyone with a problem, and you are patient with even the most belligerent opponents. You demonstrate all the things I admire in a person. Your strength is a lot of what makes you beautiful, (and I am not talking about your physical strength). You get me through the toughest times with a smile.
In addition to all of this, you have amazingly alluring physical qualities, that I think you don't even know about. Your eyes are as bright and inspiring as a sunrise and your smile is seriously one of the best parts of my day. I don't tell you enough how amazing you look. You don't need to worry so much about all those attributes that the commercials tell you about. You are beautiful! A beautiful man with an amazing ability to make me smile. You are one of the most beautiful people I know, and I cannot truly explain that here, in this blog.... but I think you know what I mean. ;-) I love you.
--Me

3 comments:

  1. I love you Rachel!! You,truly,are what you speak........BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! XOXOXO
    ~A~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog brings joy to the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed this earlier...This is one of the many reasons you are so perfect for each other!

    ReplyDelete