Thursday, June 17, 2010

Welcome Back

It has taken me tremendously long to be able to pick up and write again... as you are well aware. Since my last post about my wonderful instructor, I have fallen into a bit of depression. I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say, I didn't find myself fit to write about beautiful people, when I suddenly saw so little beauty in the world. Of course, this outlook was of my own doing, and was in truth, rather silly. I had forgotten to remind myself that beauty is constantly surrounding me, and it is my responsibility to see it.
After having been out of the metaphorical loop for so long, I hope you will forgive me for this slightly self indulgent post. Before I start this one, I would like to thank those that inspired me to write again. Not only my wonderful and supportive husband, but also the random stranger I met today--who, after talking with her, helped me to see my most beautiful points. Here goes...

Dear Me,

Here it is, your letter. The one you had been avoiding for a long time, because you believed you were not good enough to be included in your own blog! *** You are beautiful.*** Yes you! The one who makes jokes in the face of pain, so it hurts less. The one who will go out of her way to make someone smile because you think a smile looks good on everyone. The one who gets inspired by others accomplishing something great. You are beautiful. Don't listen to the ones who tell you, you are not good enough for one reason or another. They cannot touch what you've got. You see the humor in this world, and that is just all too rare nowadays.

The fact that you can derive your own happiness by just seeing someone smile, and saying "Hey, look how beautiful that person is!", makes you the beautiful person you are. You have always believed that laughter is universal, and uniting; and your willingness and desire to make others unite through laughter is part of what makes you beautiful. So the next time you look in that mirror, and see that bit of flab, or a new wrinkle, just laugh. Because ALL of you is beautiful, not just your eyes and hair, but YOU. Who you are and the way you see the world is special. Remember that. It will come in handy later.

--Me.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this writer completely! You ARE the most beautiful woman I know. And I love everything you wrote about yourself, and so much more. ...The rest of what I have to tell you, I won't fatigue your other readers with. ;-) I love you with all my heart.

    ReplyDelete